Monday, June 29, 2009

If You Are Gay No Facebook 4 you


Raging Stallion had a page on Facebook.com, but if you try going to the current page, you'll be directed to the Facebook home page.

Raging Stallion has contacted Facebook asking "WTF?" but they have not yet received a reply. So, what gives? None of their photos or content violated the terms of service, and it's not like adult studios can't have Facebook profiles. Even things like this have a Facebook profile.

Raging Stallion's Kent Taylor writes gaywired to say :

Facebook deleted it and sent me an automated warning note, even though what they claimed was violating their term of conduct was not happening on the page. I sent them a long letter requesting appeal. I asked them to send me an outline of what would be appropriate for content in order to keep the page active. I have heard nothing, of course.

We were having about 300 sign-ups a day, so everybody was happy to see it there! I was so bummed to see it gone. I really felt this was a fun way to connect with the fans in a way they really felt a part of the goings on at Raging Stallion.

Unfortunately, Facebook has fairly arbitrary rules when determining who to delete, so we may never know why the page was taken down. All it takes is one prude protesting a sliver of a butt crack or a hint of a pelvis to have a profile deleted.


Thanks to
http://www.gaywired.com/Article.cfm?Section=165&ID=23263

7 comments:

  1. The obvioius answer to this ongoing dilemma is for someone to create a gay-friendly social network similar to Facebook, or for Facebook to set up an adult portal (not likely).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should sue Facebook for withholding information from you as well as sexual discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I should sue,I think Facebook should set up a adult section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mess up , I dont think dis happens on myspace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate facebook ! they let all of them lame sites on there, and they just got name urls.
    I dont understand why they are so big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its just another reason to hate facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know several people who've had their accounts deleted for no reason. When asked why, no response. I find it ironic, yet sad, that most of their advertising seems to be gay orientated. Even my 12y/o niece pointed this out.

    ReplyDelete